Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Back to School

What a lovely day today was.  The boys were so excited to be going back to school.  Our morning went very smoothly.  Thankfully I had organised as many things as I could do last night, I even unloaded the dishwasher before I went to bed, what a big difference that made.

My eldest son is now in grade 3 and for the first time is wearing a formal school uniform.  He looks so much older and so very very handsome.  I got quite choked up looking at how my sweet little boy is growing.

There was bucketing rain all morning, and the decision was made to drive to school, as the path through the forest would be very boggy and we didn't want to get caught in the rain.  It was an added bonus that Geoff was able to come to school for the first day back.

Well how insane that it took us 25 minutes to get from our driveway into a carpark.  Would have been much better off walking.

I took our grade 3 boy off to his classroom and Geoff attended to the new little grade 1'ner.

It all worked very easily and was quite exciting.

I then headed off to kindy for our first day back there for T.  I was also on roster so I spent the morning with him.  E came with us and I could just about pack her off to kindy already, she has the routine down pat.

I came home around after 1 and put E to bed, and she managed to get a little sleep in before I had to wake her to go for school drop off.  I didn't walk it because I thought that the boys could be pretty tired and probably wouldn't feel like the walk home.

They were in very good spirits after having a good first day back.  

I have just been through the hefty wad of notes that have come home, and marked all the necessary dates on the calendar and in my diary.

Once again I have spent some time tonight getting things organised for our morning, in the hope it goes just as smoothly.

I am hopefully that if I start the year off on the right foot, then I have more chance of continuing all the way through the year.  Our lives have been lacking in organisation and it makes the biggest difference to so many aspects if I am a little bit organised.

I can also stick to my SureSlim program a lot better if my days are organised.

Tomorrow I plan to try and have a quiet day at home, something I haven't had in over 2 months.

It would be nice if it wasn't so disgustingly hot and humid!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and read my posts. I love reading your comments.