Saturday, March 7, 2009

A little bit of Peace

I spend a lot of time wishing for a little bit of time to myself and a little bit of peace and quiet.
I dropped my four children off to their grandmother's house this morning for a sleep over.  I could hear commotion at 4am this morning, drawers opening and closing and the thud of feet going from one room to another.  T was up and about, bag packed (well two bags actually), dressed and ready to go.  He has packed like he is going for a week.
The kids are really excited.  They don't often get sleep overs at Nanny's house. Its really interesting to see the things that they pack in their bags.
S has packed his clothes so neatly, better than I could pack myself, he has a book, his Pokemon cars, a tub of lego and a toy dinosaur.  I had to remind them to pack their toothbrushes.
T has packed his two Humphries, a blanket, about 7 pairs of undies, 4 shirts, 3 shorts, pj's, a dozen or more books, a scarf, his handball and who knows what else.  I wasn't going to make him unpack it. 
J packed very simply, pj's clothes for tomorrow, 1 pair of undies and his toothbrush, plus his Pokemon cards.
We packed E's bag.
Geoff and I have come home, had some lunch, he is mowing and I am tidying the house and folding the washing.  It feels strange to be able to do this without the constant interuptions.  
Lunch was quite surreal, I got to sit, eat and read the paper.  I even managed a hot cup of tea.  No getting up and down 10 times to re-fill cups or clean up spills.
I am enjoying every second of it, but there is still that little feeling of anxiousness at the separation.  I am always thinking of them and what they are doing, hoping that everything is alright.  As much as this is lovely, I am looking forward to seeing them again in the morning, hopefully after a sleep in and a peaceful breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and read my posts. I love reading your comments.