Friday, May 29, 2009

Another First

A friend once told me that as your children are no longer babies and get older you start to miss their "firsts" and start to have more "lasts" like the last time they sleep in the cot, or the last time they wear a nappy etc.  
But then sometimes you will come across another first.
My 8 year old son tonight had another first, the first time he had a friend to sleep over.  Not just any friend, his best friend.
He didn't know anything about it this morning when he went off to school.  I had offered the sleep over to his mother yesterday afternoon when she had quite a lot on her plate and not quite sure how she was going to manage everything she had to do.  I told her to think about it.  She is just like me when it comes to sleep overs and things like that and her son had not been for a sleep over with friends before either.
She rang me this morning and said that if it really was okay, then that would really help her out.
I met the boys at the pool this afternoon and my son was there with his friend, who had his bag all packed.  My son tried very hard to convince me that he didn't need to do his swimming lesson and we could just go straight home.
He was very keen to get his sleep over started.
It's is wonderful when you get to see your kids just jumping out of their skin with excitement.
Not only was my eldest son excited, but all of the kids were thrilled to be having an overnight guest.
They played wii, had pizza for dinner and watched the football.
They went to bed with very little fuss.
I am hoping they all sleep well tonight and don't wake TOO early in the morning, anything after 5am would be good.
So I'd better get myself off to bed so I am ready for the noisy start to the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and read my posts. I love reading your comments.