Saturday, February 20, 2010

Birthday Girl turns 3

Well its a little hard for me to believe, but my baby turned 3 yesterday. Where did those years go? I feel like I've blinked and missed most of it. I would dearly love to go back in a time just a little and take the last 10 years a little slower.
My mother used to tell me when I was younger "don't wish your life away, the older you get, the faster it passes by". I think I have realised by now that my mother knew a little bit of what she was talking about. I hope that in many years to come my children look back and think I knew a little of what I was talking about. Right now....the looks they give me....I think they think I know nothing!
My little girl celebrated her birthday yesterday by having her first day at kindergarten. I was nervous for her, because she didn't seem nervous at all, yet in the weeks leading up to it, she was adament she was not going to go.
She had a great day. That's all I could have hoped for.
Her request for her special birthday dinner was KFC, only after I suggested flower birthday cake was not dinner as she was insisting that it was. Mind you the cake may have been a toucher healthier. My boys had been in her ear all week suggesting she request take-away. They are allowed to choose whatever they want for dinner for their birthday. I am certainly I was in high school before I was allowed to have take-away for my birthday. I am pretty sure I've always asked for roast lamb. I shouldn't complain, because at least with take-away I don't have to cook for a night.
I am missing out on a scrapbooking retreat this weekend, I always miss the February one because it is always too close to her birthday.
I wish I could be there, but there will be other retreats, my baby will never again have a 3rd birthday!
Now I can turn my thoughts to my eldest son whose 9th birthday is only 3 weeks away. When you have four kids, birthdays come up often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and read my posts. I love reading your comments.