Sunday, October 10, 2010

Highland Hellcat by Mary Wine

Highland Hellcat (Highlander, #2)Highland Hellcat by Mary Wine

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Mary Wine is a favourite author of mine and I always eagerly anticipate the release of a new novel. Highland Hellcat arrived in my post on Friday and I am so lucky it was a rainy Friday afternoon and all the kids sport was cancelled so that I could stick them in front of a dvd, order take-away and I could lose myself in "Highland Hellcat". I honestly didn't stop until I had reached the last page. Its fantastic. If you love a good highland romance then you will enjoy this novel.

Highland Hellcat is the story of Connor Lindsey and Brinna Chattan. Connor Lindsey is betrothed to Brinna's sister Deidre. Connor refuses to marry Deidre after she has an affair with the enemy, Melor Douglas. He still wants an alliance with the Chattans, so claims Brinna, who is the third daughter of the Chattan and who is promised to the Church.

Mary Wine does a fantastic job of giving you an insight into the time period the story is written. I love the little details that you pick up along the way. I also think that she does a great job with the language of that time.

I can't wait for her next instalment "Highland Heat" due out in 2011.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and read my posts. I love reading your comments.