Sunday, December 12, 2010

Exclusively Yours

Exclusively Yours (Kowalski Family, #1)Exclusively Yours by Shannon Stacey

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I loved this book. Joe Kowalski and Keri Daniels fell in love in high school, then she broke his heart when she chose to chase a career on the other side of the country. She hasn't seen him in 18 years. He is an author and she is a journalist for a gossip magazine. Her boss wants a juicy story and if Keri doesn't get it she loses her job.
Joe agrees to answer a question a day if she spends a two week camping holiday with him and his family. Joe's entire family is on the trip, his parents, his siblings and his niece and nephew. His brother Mike and his wife Lisa have four sons. Mike thinks its time to get a vasectomy and Lisa thinks its time to have another baby. Also there is Joe's twin sister Terry and her teenage daughter Steph. Terry's husband Evan walked out on her 3 months earlier. Terry also holds a grudge against Keri for walking out on Joe just as much as she walked away from Keri as her best friend at school.
I got so much from this book, it made me laugh out loud at the antics between the family. I think one of the reasons I connected so well with this book is because the family is so real.
The story is infused with so many different types of love that it really is more than just being a romance book. It's full of hearty laughter and family closeness, and is one of those books that are refreshing, light and funny in spite of the drama it portrays.
I'm sure this is a book that I will re-read some time in the near future. For now I can't wait to read Joe's younger brother Kevin's story in "Undeniably Yours".



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and read my posts. I love reading your comments.